No skincare routine can make sense without a proper sunscreen to keep you protected from the harmful effects of UV rays. A good SPF should become your everyday ally to prevent sun damage, premature signs of aging and skin cancer. It’s time to reconsider your sunscreen: not a summertime essential only, but a year-round BFF to give your skin the protection it needs, regardless of season or climate.
But not all sunscreens are created equal - there are two main types to know, chemical and mineral sunscreens.
Do you know the difference?
MINERAL SUNSCREEN ( also called physical)
- Works like a shield
- Sits on top of the skin
- Reflects and refracts the sun’s UV rays
- Starts working immediately
- Minerals actives like Zinc oxide and/or Titanium Dioxide
- Safe for sensitive skin and coral reef
- Works like a sponge
- Penetrates the skin
- Absorbs and converts the sun UV rays
- Requires 15-20 minutes to work
- Chemical actives
- May cause adverse healt effects
If you’re looking to go chemical-free sunscreen, you’re in the right place.